#7 Toyota holds lead after first round of driver changes

Mike Conway handed over to Japanese team mate Kamui Kobayashi in the #7 Toyota, which continues to lead the Le Mans 24 Hours after the third hour . Conway headed to the pits in the lead, with the advantage over the second Toyota #8 car was around two seconds. Pole setter Kobayashi continued to open up the lead that stood at around 31 seconds.

British Driver Anthony Davidson, replaced Sebastien Buemi in the #8 Toyota, which began to fall back, allowing the Porsche 919 with Nick Tandy driving, to close the gap.

The second #2 Porsche is in fourth place overall and 30 seconds ahead of the third Toyota.

Rebellion still in control of LMP2

The #13 Rebellion with Mathias Beche driving, managed to catch and pass the second #31 Rebellion car with Nico Prost driving, to lead LMP2. Prost was finding it difficult to navigate through the traffic, with the lead over his team-mate around twenty seconds, until the Beche started to eat into Prost’s lead. Beche then extended his lead to five seconds before the pitstop phase started.

The #38 DC Racing Oreca of Thomas Laurent, moved to around six seconds behind the leading Rebellions, until he went straight on at the second part of Indianapolis and then struck the crash barrier.

Laurent managed to recover the car and return to the pits for a nose change, he then rejoined nearly two minutes thirty second down on the leader – and in sixth place.

The #24 Manor of Jean-Eric Vergne was running in fourth since the start of the race. Vergne is running around twenty seconds ahead of his team mate Simon Trummer, who is running in fifth place in the #25 Manor car.

The sole Riley LMP2 with Ben Keating driving, had a big spin at the Dunlop Esses when he was looking to pass a GTE Pro Porsche, but he managed to avert any major damage and was able to get return to the pits.

Aston Martin Racing looking good with a 1 – 2 in GTE Pro

Aston Martin continue to hold the lead of GTE Pro, seeing off a strong fight back from the Porsche in the third hour.

Marco Sorensen held the lead in the #95 Vantage, while his team mate Daniel Serra managed to get past Michael Christensen’s #92 Porsche 911 to take second place, this after a poor pitstop when he took over the #97 car from Darren Turner.

Harry Tincknell was leading the chasing pack in his #67 Ford GT when he and Christensen were the first of the front runners to pit.

Comments are closed.

error: Content is protected !!